Looking for Your Best Shots!
The LSPA 2018 120th Anniversary Photo Contest
Enter your best shots taken on Lake Sunapee or in its watershed by May 1, 2018.
All volunteers, members and friends of LSPA are encouraged to enter! Photos taken on any device are fine -- cell phones, tablets, SLR cameras. Just make sure they're 1 MB or bigger so they'll reproduce well.
The top three winners will be chosen in these categories, highlighting the lakes, ponds, streams and watershed of Lake Sunapee:
- Landscape – your best shot showing the waters, forests, and fields in the watershed.
- Having Fun – people, dogs or any other being enjoying the waters, forests, and fields in the watershed
- Flora and Fauna – wildlife, plants and other natural resources you encounter in the waters and watershed.
- Young Photographers – photos of any subject in the categories above, by anyone under age 18.
The contest will be judged by a panel of LSPA staff and volunteers based on both image quality and engaging subject matter:
- First place winners in each of the four categories described above will win publication in the Beacon plus two free passes to LSPA's Full Moon Cruise.
- Second place winners in each of the four categories will win publication in the Beacon and an LSPA hat or t-shirt.
- Third place winners in each of the four categories will win publication in the Beacon.
- Photos may be exhibited at LSPA or in collaboration with Project Sunapee and may be included in a publication in collaboration with the Center for the Arts.
1. Each photographer may enter up to three unpublished photos.
2. Photos must be taken on Lake Sunapee or in its watershed. To learn about the watershed and view a map see http://www.lakesunapee.org/watershed-summary.
3. Photos must be high-resolution originals at least 1 MB but not more than 10 MB.
4. By participating in the contest, the entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks, rights to privacy or publicity.
5. By participating in the contest, the entrant gives permission for submissions to be published in the Beacon newsletter and used in other LSPA communication materials.
How to enter
Attach your photo(s) as a jpeg file and email to Photocontest@lakesunapee.org. Put Photo Contest in the subject line. Each entry must include:
1. The name of the location where the photo was taken.
2. Photographer’s name and mailing address. Entrants in the Young Photographer category must include your age and the name of your school.
3. A brief description of the subject.
4. Deadline for submissions is May 1, 2018.
Thank you for helping LSPA celebrate 120 years of lake stewardship!